Farmers Insurance CRM Design SME II in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Provides expertise in the design and functionality of business applications; Understands customers’ business processes and products and how best they can be supported by the application systems; Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Performs quality review checks on project deliverables; Validates suppliers estimates; Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system; Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality; Specifies / recommends integration and parallel testing criteria; Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, as required.
Essential Job Functions
- Understands customers’ processes and products and how they fit within the goals of the business unit.
- Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Validates suppliers estimates.
- Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality.
- Performs quality review checks on project deliverables.
- Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned.
- Supports users in building Business Case, including cost / benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high level plan.
- Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, training as required.
- Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system.
Specifies / Recommends Integration and Parallel testing criteria.
*Preferred Skills and Abilities *
A minimum of 3 years of programming experience in J2EE is needed.
- Any hands-on experience with CRM design/transformation on Salesforce platform is preferred.
- Candidate to be fully aware of traditional Software development life cycle and any experience in agile delivery with certification is a plus.
*Education Requirements: *Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
*Experience Requirements: *Level II: 4 years of experience in application development / testing or business / system analysis role or 2 year as an Application SME Level I.
Special Skill Requirement
May require occasional traveling. Good written and oral skills in local language. Able to give information in English and passively participate in team meetings. Understands routine business conversations and letters and is able to communicate with few errors.
Internal Title: Application Subject Matter Expert II
/Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce./
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: CRM Design SME II
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 170007SW