Crown Castle Temporary Real Estate Specialist - Traditional in CA Irvine, California
Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world’s most revolutionary technologies. Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers and over 60,000 route miles of fiber supporting small cells and fiber solutions across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service – bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is an S&P; 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $60 billion.
Position Title*_:_* Temporary Real Estate Specialist, Traditional
Execute and deliver on the day-to-dayArea Real Estate activities, related to landowners and ground rights issues, in accordance with Crown Castle objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Review Real Estate documents to ensure compliance when an application is received. Review and process applications within cycle time guidelines, securing consents and additional land if needed and removing restrictions that could impact the customer’s timely installation or prevent marketing of the tower.
- Negotiate and obtain required consents, LOAs and additional land as quickly as possible and within cycle time expectations.
- . Provide timely system updates and communicate effectively with all customers, both internal and external.
- Provide current status reports to management and customers on a recurring basis.
- Communicate with and resolve Property Owner issues, while improving the quality of our relationships.
- Ensure all landlord default claims are resolved within cure period and documents are properly scanned into CCIsites.
- Manage projects to maximize the portfolio including leasing/selling excess land, site abandonments, negative margin towers, tower relocations and obtaining blanket consents.
- Formulate and understand financial information from projects impacting financials, ground leases and customer license agreements.
- Resolve all other real estate matters including condemnations, encroachment claims, easement relocations, tax liens, etc. as expeditiously as possible ensuring that Crown’s policies are followed and litigation exposure is minimized.
- Work with corporate functional groups and local attorneys (if needed) for proactive resolution of property matters.
- Prepare ground lease amendments for legal review.
- Manage external Legal vendor and minimize legal expense as appropriate.
- Effectively communicate and work with District, Asset, Tower Operations, Sales, Property Management, Legal, CM&R;, Accounting, Tax, and PEP teams on property questions and issues.
- Review all necessary real estate documents to ensure accurate Property Certification on all assets. Ensure that sites already certified remain “evergreen” by monitoring PEP’s closings and ensuring that system is updated properly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure CCISites/ReadinessBPM and LRM are properly used, updated and accurate.
- Escalate matters to Real Estate Manager and/or Real Estate Director when needed to ensure timely project completion.
- Comply with all Crown Castle policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent work experience; or,
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school will be considered in lieu of experience
- Real Estate license preferred but not required
- Two (2) to five (5) years of real estate experience
- Wireless industry experience preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Ability to problem solve and provide solution alternatives
- Ability to comprehend contracts and agreements
- Ability to comprehend all title documentation
- Ability to comprehend survey and construction drawings
- Ability to comprehend Zoning ordinances and municipal processes
Reports to: Real Estate Manager
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Travel may be required.
Additional Information: N/A
Crown Castle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting Location: CA - Irvine, CA - Pleasanton
# of openings: 1