Northrop Grumman Administrative Assistant in El Segundo, California
Requisition ID: 18005032
Location(s): United States-California-El Segundo
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a talented Administrative Assistant to join our team in El Segundo, CA.
The selected candidate will perform a variety of functional activities in support of the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This position is in a secure work environment requiring diligence with classified materials. We require the individual to perform administrative duties with exposure to sensitive information necessitating tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment. Strong interpersonal skills and integrity are essential for this position – especially in working with the co-located administrative assistants. The ideal candidate will be team oriented and have the ability to work with others collaboratively in a professional and high-energy environment. The candidate will ideally possess agility to adapt to constantly changing demands and demonstrate capability to take on new and unfamiliar tasks.
Proficiency at multi-tasking and managing priorities for program leadership team members is necessary. This position is extremely pivotal to the success of a well-run, efficient operation and the successful candidate will provide examples of their organization skills, and the ability to accomplish duties in a high-impact, time sensitive environment. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong skillset as a proactive, self-motivated, well organized, reliable, and detail oriented team member. The successful candidate will have outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities. The team supported is located in multiple locations across the US so strong team communications and coordination are required.
- High School diploma with a minimum of 4 years of administrative experience
- Must be able to support a variety of management levels and staff within an organization
- Computer skills required include expertise in Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel) and intranet/internet proficiency
- Must have the ability to compile and generate reports and presentations and review reports for basic data quality, data integrity, and consistent formatting
- Individual must be able to complete a variety of tasks with minimal supervision
- Proactive, highly motivated, flexible and adaptable, with excellent organizational skills including the ability to juggle multiple tasks, changing needs, and competing priorities
- Proficiency with oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must have an Active DoD Secret Clearance or higher
- Experience supporting Director level personnel
- Experience in setting up teleconferences and/or webcasts
- Prior experience coordinating both on and off site meetings and/or events and/or webinars
- Experience with Concur (or similar) travel and expense reporting system
- Experience working in a defense customer and aerospace industry firm
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: California-El Segundo
Requisition ID: 18005032