Orora Packaging Solutions Finance Manager in Fontana, California
Directly supports the Regional Controller in the management of the distribution division, Landsberg Fulfillment Solutions (LFS) in Ontario, CA. This position is responsible for providing financial guidance, and maintaining the overall financial integrity for the assigned Landsberg division. The position works closely with Finance and the Division Managers to fulfill the roles outlined below in order to drive the overall strategy for the assigned division.
· This position will report to the: Regional Controller
· Travel Requirement: None
· FLSA Status: Exempt
At Orora, we believe our packaging touches lives and together, we, together as a team, deliver on the promise of what’s inside. From custom packaging design and packaging materials, to prototype development and manufacturing, packaging automation and equipment, kitting and fulfillment, global sourcing, and full service warehousing and logistics, our packaging consultants develop cutting-edge, innovative solutions that take a product from concept to consumer. It is with this passion and commitment to innovation, we believe in hiring and developing the very best talent by living our core values of Teamwork, Passion, Respect, and Integrity every day.
Our vision is to be the industry-leading packaging solutions and displays company.
What We Value
We value Teamwork, Passion, Respect and Integrity. These core values define who we are and how we operate. They shape the way we work with each other, with our customers, and with our communities. Every day, we deliver packaging solutions that exceed our customers’ expectations while solving complex problems as a team.
How We Behave
We believe that all team members (irrespective of their role or level), should aspire to distinctive leadership behavior, as we continue to deliver on the promise for our customers, shareholders and each other. Leadership is not tied to a job title, i.e. you don’t need to be accountable for a team to be considered a leader. At Orora leadership is encouraged at every level, within the team
What You’ll be Responsible For in this Role
· Assists in overseeing the operations for (LFS) including review of daily transactions to ensure best financial processes are being followed.
· Along with the Regional Controller, ensures compliance with the Company Policies and Procedures and GAAP, as well as oversight of Internal Control Environment (ICE) for the assigned divisions.
· Completes month-end closing tasks as assigned per the communicated closing timeline.
· Assists in preparation of management reports including budgeting and forecasting.
· Assists with monitoring the division’s Annual Operating Plan including the P&L, capital plan, balance sheet, and cash flow that relates to operations by partnering effectively with business heads responsible for each critical functional area they support.
· Assist in pursuing continuous improvement projects that will make the team as well as operations more efficient, improve controls and compliance.
· Assists in financial analysis, including profitability and balance sheet activities, monitoring KPIs which would primarily include assembly costs for the LFS division.
· Coordinates with Regional Controller to reconcile physical inventories and cycle counts.
· Prepares Capital Requests (CERs), schedules fixed assets additions ensuring monthly expenditure is approved and reconciles actual expenditure on each project with approval.
· Performs other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned.
What We’re Looking For (From the job evaluation form)
· Bachelor’s in Accounting and/or Finance
· 5 to 7 years of relevant experience within Accounting and Finance
· Experience with SAP required
Additional Required Qualifications:
· At least 2-3 years of related experience in manufacturing and/or distribution
· Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access or equivalent database.
· This position requires the ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
· Business Mastery
· Integrated Leadership
· People Development
· Change Management
· Intellectual flexibility & technical acumen
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in applying for employment with Orora and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at: firstname.lastname@example.org for additional support and guidance
What We Offer
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
· Group Life and AD&D
· Voluntary Life and AD&D
· Group Short-Term Disability
· Group Long-Term Disability
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Employee Assistance Program
· Profit Sharing and 401(k)
· Paid Time Off
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.