Boehringer Ingelheim Co-Op Project Management in FREMONT, California
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Intern/Co-Ops to join our Engineering and Technology department located at our Fremont, CA facility. As an Intern, you will support quality engineers on equipment validation projects and operational excellence initiatives .
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assisting Project Manager in day-to-day running of projects. Coordination of projects with various outside agencies, development and maintenance of project management plan and procedures
· Manage, create, and distribute project documents (RFIs, submittals, change orders).
· Communicate effectively with subcontractors any details or requirements per the project documents.
· Administer Project Closeout (i.e., oversee preparation and review O&M Manuals, as-built drawings, warranties; ensure project archiving is completed).
· Provide technical support to Project Managers and be responsible for developing and maintaining project cost/change controls, and project budget and accounting records
· Assist in managing and reviewing the progress of contractors' construction schedules
· Review weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contracts, including project costs and potential changes
Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to effectively communicate information and rationale, both verbally and in writing,
· Strong analytical ability and attention to detail
· Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including use of advanced filters, pivot tables, charting, solver and formulas such ads “vlookup”
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world’s top 20 pharmaceutical companies and operates globally with approximately 50,000 employees. Since our founding in 1885, the company has remained family-owned and today we are committed to creating value through innovation in three business areas including human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. Since we are privately held, we have the ability to take an innovative, long-term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries and the introduction of truly novel medicines that improve lives and provide valuable services and support to patients and their families. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. We are also deeply committed to our communities and our employees create and engage in programs that strengthen the neighborhoods where we live and work. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Merial Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment verifications and drug screenings.
and drug screenings.
Organization: US-BI Fremont
Title: Co-Op Project Management
Location: Americas-United States-CA-Fremont
Requisition ID: 183223