SMG Event Manager in Fresno, California
Position: Event Manager
Department: Event Services
Reports to: Director of Event Services
FLSA: Full-Time Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Event Manager at the FresnoConvention & EntertainmentCenter. The Event Manager is responsible for planning, organization and management of events within the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Meets with clients groups to plan and organize assigned meetings and/or events.
- Guide clients in preparation of events by interpreting and explaining contract provisions, policies and procedures.
- Keeps clients informed as to status of deadlines schedules, including but no limited to floor plan submissions, meeting room set-ups to provide equipment or services needed.
- Maintains close contact with clients and facility staff to ensure successful events. Follow-up on all clients requests, concerns, and problems.
- Assist with the preparation of the client's final billing.
- Supervise staff and oversee all aspect of facility operations related to events.
- Provide press passes and media escorts during events
- B.A. from a four-year college or university preferred
- 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training
- Working knowledge of the principle of facility management, services and equipment for a convention center
- Excellent organizational, planning and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Experience with Microsoft Excel & Word program is preferred
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Directly supervises the Event Services staff and Stagehands Union members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG policies and applicable laws. Addressing complaints and resolving problems
Other Skills and Abilities Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact with all levels of staff including management.
Ability to work long and irregular hours that my vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
Physical Demands: The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the functions. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around facility (ies), at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-12 hours daily.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the heading above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
We are Accepting Applications from 12/6/2017-until filled.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled