Microsemi Corporation Sr. Power Applications Engineer in Garden Grove, California
Microsemi's Discrete and Integrated Solutions Group (DISG) provides one of the industry's most comprehensive high reliability power discrete, module, and RF/microwave semiconductor product portfolios in the market today. These products are targeted at high reliability applications across multiple markets including industrial, aerospace, and defense.
We're searching for a dynamic Sr. Power Applications Engineer with a strong technical background in power and analog electronics. As a Sr. Power Applications Engineer within Microsemi's Discrete and Integrated Solutions Business, you'll be one of the key team members providing technical support to our Aviation and Defense Customers across the globe.
In this role, you'll collaborate with marketing and sales to grow Microsemi Discrete and Integrated Solutions revenue at targeted aviation and defense customers. This will require working with products experts and an array of high reliability customers focused on aviation and defense end applications to solve complex problems on a daily basis. Exposure to power levels ranging from 10W to 10kW++ is expected.
You'll work with marketing to prioritize and then create: application focused technical collateral, hardware demonstration platforms, and benchmarking to help position and support customers using our products.
This individual will have the responsibility to lead the development of applications and power solutions collateral for new products being introduced into the market. They will provide insight into the direction of emerging industry trends and "be connected" to the engineering management teams at key customers, ensure technical content and application tools are easily assessable to our customers via the website or internal distribution for your focused market and develop technical position collateral for "key" products.
This candidate will provide quick and concise applications support for switching, linear power conversion, diodes, and transistors to direct customers, internal and external sales, and distribution as well as support Strategic Marketing to translate future platform requirements into next generation products for our roadmap.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience in power and analog disciplines applicable to high reliability markets. The ability to collaborate effectively with customers to solve their complete power system requirements utilizing Microsemi's power and discrete components is required. Strong communication skills, problem solving, and the ability to proactively drive customer activity are a must.
Experience with design, analysis, and debug of related circuits or sub-systems is required. The ability to run simulations, and create/ review schematics and board layout is required. The ability to help customers debug board level issues is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or related
- 10+ years of related experience
- Technical background in power electronics, motor control, and/or analog design
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
- Systematic approach to problem solving and organization
US Citienship/Permanent US Residency requirements as outlined below:
This job requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by the export laws of the United States. Candidates are required to provide proof of either US citizenship, Permanent US residency or classification as a protected individual as defined in 8 USC 1324b (a) (3).
- Master's degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- Direct experience with Defense and Aviation Platforms
- Demonstrated success in driving technical roadmaps based on market and customer feedback
- Demonstrated success in bringing products to market
- Experience in the design and development of power system platforms preferably in ACDC power supplies, DCDC converters as well as familiarity with inverter platforms
- Deep knowledge of power semiconductor devices such as TVS and other diodes, IGBTs, MOSFFETs, Wide Band Gap devices such as SiC and GaN, gate drivers and controller ICs would be a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled