SMG Concession Runner in Los Angeles, California
POSITION: Concession Runner
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: F&B Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Concession Runner at the Greek Theatre. Responsible for -- having customer service skills, positive attitude, assist in preparing location and area for day to day operation, responsible for accurate accounting of all transactions and assist with location inventory controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain safe working conditions and sanitary work area.
- Follow rules and regulations of SMG Food & Beverage.
- Stock service areas with paper goods, condiments, beverages, and food items as needed.
- Receive orders and store in proper area. Rotate inventory.
- Maintain supplies for area and inform Concession Supervisor and/or F&B Manager when supplies are low.
- Willing to create a successful food service environment by stocking, straightening, and cleaning.
- Assist with location inventory and rotate stock.
- Responsible for accurate accounting of all delivered items in stand
- Interact with customers and clients in a pleasant and professional manner
- Keep warehouse manager informed of all company equipment issues.
- Stocking and filling out correct transfer paperwork.
- Set up and break down portable food service equipment.
- General cleaning of concession stands, locker room and warehouse areas.
- Interact with co-workers in a diverse workforce.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
No Supervisory Responsibilities for the position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Must be 21 to apply.
- Received High school diploma or GED
- Must have current Food handlers card
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
- Ability to efficiently transport F&B products and fulfill other related needs to multiple locations quickly.
- Ability to lift carefully items of moderate weight and size.
- Basic knowledge of Concession / Bar operations.
- Work ethics encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand basic English.
- Positive attitude and neat appearance.
- Must have basic working knowledge of food and beverage.
- Must have basic math ability to accurately count inventory.
- Must have ability to take direction and effectively perform the work.
- Must have great customer service skills.
- Must have positive attitude.
- Must have current Food handlers card
- Must be a team player and a problem solver.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. This position requires stooping and lifting. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. to the waist
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG / The Greek Theatre
2700 North Vermont Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (323) 606-8441.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled