CoreLogic Intern, Research & Content Strategy in Oakland, California
Posting Job Description
Our Oakland office is seeking a Data Science Intern for the Content Strategy Team to support Thought Leadership in the Insurance and Spatial organization. The Content Strategy team leads strategic Thought Leadership focused on delivering insightful material to help promote our brand and support our clients. This internship will focus primarily on insurance risk management and natural catastrophe resilience. We are looking for a driven, analytical thinker and clear communicator to aid in the analysis of the raw data being collected by our growing team.
- Assist with data collection and analysis on under-insurance in the 2017 wildland fires in California
- Assist with data collection and analysis for any US natural catastrophes in summer 2018
- Design and carry out in-depth analysis
- Work to support the wider team to generate further data collection
- Develop cost-benefit analysis across risk reduction and resilience initiatives
Work on defined tasks under the close supervision of senior industry specialists
Receives general supervision and guidance from more experienced team members.
- Follows department processes, procedures and client requirements; may make recommendations and/or implement improvements/solutions.
- Utilizes tools to compile, query and analyze data according to defined business roles and procedures. May produce reports from various data sources (external and internal) to provide business stakeholders actionable information or business intelligence.
- Tracks project information, follows up on issue status, resolves routine issues, reports status to management.
- Participates in Internship Program activities and events to include: onboarding, educational activities, information sessions, product demos and social events.
- Provides general administrative support as needed.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
Posting Job Summary
Join the team that powers the global real estate economy - CoreLogic is an innovative, future focused company whose vision is to deliver unique property-level insights that power the global real estate economy.
We are a $1.95 billion in sales company with more than 6,000 employees globally serving the financial services and insurance industries. We are evolving at a rapid pace and the clients we serve are challenged from every direction, which means we are growing and innovating to help drive their success. Working together, and differentiated by our superior data, analytics and data-enabled solutions, we empower our clients to make smarter business decisions through data-driven insights. We take initiative, are fully accountable, build respect and trust, make transparency a must — and engage, include and collaborate at every turn.
We take pride in our work and believe in cultivating a work environment that supports and values our greatest asset: our talented employees.
The CoreLogic Summer Internship Program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to integrate their knowledge, capabilities and academic learnings with practical business experience and skill development at CoreLogic, a leading data, analytics and services organization. The Summer Intern engages on meaningful short-term projects that contribute to CoreLogic business objectives, as well as foster the development of skills and capabilities that support the growth of the organization.
Posting Job Requirements
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program pursuing a STEM degree or related major at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Minimum of two years of relevant coursework completed
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent
- Prior internship or co-op experience preferred
- Participation in campus activities related to field preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience through participation in on-campus activities, educational forums and/or prior work experience
Assignment Specific Experience
- Experience with spreadsheets, databases and coding languages
- Experience with mapping software such as ArcGIS
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working
- Ability to learn and maintain knowledge of processes, procedures and products of insurance risk management
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team and matrix management structure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation; strong interpersonal abilities
- Solid analytical capability; ability to exercise sound judgment; strong decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail; high degree of quality orientation
- Strong organization and prioritization skills; ability to perform multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to take direction from multiple people; ability to flex to the work styles of others
- Ability to be a collaborative team player in a fast paced/changing environment; self-motivated and directed
- Solid project management capabilities; strong business acumen; strong fiscal aptitude
- Strong technical aptitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications, such as Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint
CoreLogic offers an empowered work environment that encourages creativity, initiative and professional growth. CoreLogic is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Position Type: Intern
% Travel Involved: None
Country: United States
Category: Office and Administrative Support