Pinkerton Intelligence Specialist- APAC | Palo Alto, CA in Palo Alto, California
The Intelligence Specialist, assigned to a specific client, supports intelligence-related tasks including processes, support requirements, technical aspects, and operational methods. The position requires a good working knowledge of the Asia – Pacific area.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
The Essential Functions Include:
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Respond in a timely manner to requests for intelligence information;
- Correlate intelligence and contextual data used in preparation of briefing materials, presentations, and intelligence-related papers/articles.
- Escalate production ideas to Regional Team Leader regarding world events and impact to the Company.
- Focus on operational threats including research and development, production, delivery systems, doctrine, and capabilities.
- Research and assess intelligence requirements involving risk assessments (travel, event, property and geopolitical risk, executive travel and events, risk profiles, brand and reputation, due diligence, counterterrorism risks, and crisis management and operations support incidents);
- Share intelligence assessments and risk trends with partners and leaders with Regional Team Leader guidance.
- Assess and maintain a variety of situational awareness tools to quickly and accurately advise decision makers on possible courses of action.
- Review and utilize diagnostic tools and technology sources to develop complex data compilations.
- Representtheorganizationinthepreparation, presentation, anddefenseofpositionsand recommendations at conferences, in working groups, and planning sessions.
- Share involvement and progress in partnering with cross-functional teams on meeting intelligence requirements.
- Contribute to regularly scheduled status reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual)
- All other duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and background investigation.
- Must meet the country age requirements.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor degree in economics, intelligence studies, law, international business, regional studies, foreign languages, political science, or other related areas of study, with two years of work experience in performing geopolitical or counterterrorism analysis. Will consider experience in national security or criminal intelligence analysis that involves using the principles, concepts, and methodologies of all-source intelligence analysis to research, evaluate, and integrate all-source data in the preparation and presentation of intelligence analytical products.
- Working knowledge of Asia – Pacific, preferred.
- Able to evaluate, recommend, and develop policy, project initiatives, and operation methods.
- Effective time management skills.
- Able to identify and solve complex problems by analyzing raw data and information from multiple unrelated sources into a finished comprehensive product.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and under adverse and stressful conditions.
- Strong client and results orientation.
- Able to present and defend intelligence positions.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels of an organization and across diverse cultural and language barriers.
- Serve as a positive and effective team member.
- Able to quickly adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Must be able to work any shift including evenings, weekends, and holidays to ensure the successful completion of work assignments.
Apply Current Employees Click Here