Valvoline Instant Oil Change Technician in Training in Reseda, California
Technician in Training
Job ID 7496039
Location: Reseda, California
Date posted 03/13/2018
Company Name : Franchise
This is the entry level position within the Valvoline Instant Oil Change Center. While previous experience is not required, training and certification within the Super-Pro operational system will ensure individuals within the Technician job ladder are equipped to do their job successfully. The key area of focus in this position is physically working on the automobile and ensuring the services are performed while adhering to Super-Pro procedures and to the customers' satisfaction. The Technician works alongside other Certified Technicians and Senior Technicians to perform our core oil change services. Duties include servicing oil filters, air filters, grease fittings, lights and wipers, as well as changing oil, other fluids and rotating tires.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Perform top-side services by adhering to VIOC Super-Pro vehicle and customer interaction procedures.
• Perform bottom-side services by lubricating necessary components of the chassis/driveline, draining the oil from the vehicle, replacing the oil filter, Inspecting and replacing car lights and wipers, rotating tires, checking the rear differential, transfer case, manual transmission and front differential/transaxle.
• Ensure guests are taken care of in a timely and professional manner while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Perform additional services, such as cooling system flush, cooling system drain and fill, differential/manual transmission drain and fill, automatic transmission service, and automatic transmission drain and fill by adhering to VIOC Super-Pro procedures.
• Perform second-party checks for bottom-side Technician by visually verifying and performing proper call-outs to ensure all necessary services have been performed correctly.
• Request second-party checks for top-side by asking a co-worker to make sure caps, covers, part and dipsticks are reinstalled properly.
• Maintain the top-side service area, keeping the customer waiting area, restrooms, counters and desk area neat, clean and well organized to enhance the customer experience at VIOC, as well as avoid safety hazards.
• Maintain the bottom-side service area by keeping it clean, neat and well organized at all times to avoid personal injuries and OSHA recordable safety violations.
• Adhere to all Company policies and Super-Pro procedures at all times.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Become Super-Pro certified.
• Customer focused
• Exhibits excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Team player, can contribute to high performance team environment
• Works effectively in a fast paced environment
• Computer knowledge / aptitude
• Ability to multitask
• Aware of and can consistently follow established safety policies and practices
Education and Experience Requirements
• High School Diploma or GED
• No automotive experience needed
• Must have reliable transportation
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may incidentally be required to stoop up to six to ten times per hour, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 50 pounds.
• Work on your feet for extended periods of times.
• Work for extended periods of time with your arms and hands above your head.
• The worker is subject to environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside and in varying temperature conditions.
• The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
• The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
• The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
• The worker is required to function in narrow aisles or passageways such as catwalks.
• A current valid driver’s license.