Nvidia Senior BootLoader Systems Software Engineer in Santa Clara, California
We are now looking for a Senior BootLoader Systems Software Engineer.
Join the System Software team to develop our Bootloader (boot flow from system/chip power-on to handover control to kernel) for Tegra chipset to enable various platforms (Automotive, Embedded and Mobile).
What you’ll be doing:
The responsibility of the bootloader team is to enable the system by developing, supporting, and optimizing CPU and System core functionalities, drivers (IO Peripheral, Storage, Charging, HW engines, etc), device update (Over the Air - OTA) and prepare the device by providing system formatting and flashing support. We also need to maintain the backward and forward compatibility by having strong design architecture. The major roles and responsibilities also includes collaborating with various engineering groups (software, hardware, and architecture) to define system requirements, configurations and boot safety. We need your helping hand to achieve the best performance, secured and productivity bootloader on current and next generation NVIDIA TEGRA SoCs.
What we need to see:
We believe you are a dynamic self-starter ready to work solo as well as with an excellent team to deliver winning solutions ahead of time. We would like to see your programming and debugging skills and in-depth understanding of processor ISA. Your knowledge of Assemblers and binary formats such as ELF, DWARF and understanding of ABI is strongly desired.
We expect you have prior experience in developing device drivers (such as Ethernet, PCIe, UFS, SATA, SD/MMC, QSPI, NVME, USB, I2C, SPI, UART, Crypto, etc.) and deep understanding of Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC).
Your prior knowledge in compiler development in area of instruction scheduling and/or tool development experience in Profiler, Debugger or Linker will be an added advantage.
- We expect you have a Solid programming background in C/C++ programming, data structures and coding conventions
- You are an excellent standout colleague that can collaborate well across time zones
- B.Tech (BS)/M.Tech (MS) in Electronics/Computer Engineering, Computer Science with 5+ years of industry experience
- Strong in OS fundamentals and kernel internals
- Good experience in working with ARM processors
- Experience in board bring-up
- Excellent debugging and analytical skills
- Deep understanding of Technical documents
- Excellent debugging skills
- Strong in process development, such as JAMA/JIRA
- Excellent communication skill
- Zeal to innovate
- Demonstrate the ability to own and work in a team to negotiate the scope and design interface and ability to drive the task through its lifecycle
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Your previous experience leading product/platform commercialization for automotive and embedded will help us extensively
- Your ability to organize complex problems into simple sub problems
- Experience in driving initiatives across geographic locations
- Ability to take initiatives and drive them across multiple functional teams
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Posted 5 Days Ago
- Full time