Umpqua Bank Senior Commercial Underwriter in Santa Rosa, California
In this role, you will assist the Corporate Relationship Managers (CRMs) in managing customer relationships and providing advanced credit analysis and support.
· Analyze financial data related to new and renewal loan requests, including lines of credit, asset-based lines, commercial real estate, and equipment financing loans.
· Present facts and offers opinions/recommendations concerning applicant’s credit worthiness.
· Prepare summary and/or credit approval report documenting credit analysis and supporting information for credit decision recommendations.
· Follow up with customers to obtain all necessary information and clarification on financial analysis materials and resources.
· Review and help negotiate commercial and/or real estate loan documents for accuracy, completeness and adherence to approval conditions.
· May work with attorneys and other financial or legal resources to obtain correct and accurate documents to fully protect the financial institution’s interests in the credit relationship.
· Participate in customer and prospect calls with the CRM, outside calling and other marketing efforts.
· Ensures customer is approved for all ancillary products; makes recommendations to CRM on potential customer needs.
· May directly manage a portfolio of smaller credits.
· May direct or lead the work of others.
· Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other related field or the equivalent in education in experience.
· 5+ years of commercial underwriting/credit analysis experience.
· Wine related underwriting experience preferred.
· Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Advanced credit and credit quality skills including accounting, financial statement spreading, and cash flow analysis experience.
· Advanced knowledge of credit policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
· Advanced sales skills including business development.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we’re never satisfied with the status quo. It’s no wonder we’ve made “Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers’ needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways – always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre -employment substance abuse testing.